Thomas Johnstone Ltd is dedicated to protecting your personal information and respecting your Privacy.
This privacy notice was last reviewed on the 13th June 2018.
- About Thomas Johnstone Ltd and this policy.
- Data we collect from you.
- Why we need your personal information.
- What we do with your information.
- Information that we share.
- Information security.
- Information Retention.
- What are your rights?
Established in 1868, Thomas Johnstone Ltd is a Private Limited Company registered in Scotland (number SC136445).
If you have any comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or any privacy issue, please email our Data Protection Officer at DPO@tjl.com
Data Protection Officer: David Haddow, Director, Thomas Johnstone Ltd
Data Controller: Thomas Johnstone Ltd
Inchinnan Business Park
The information we collect from you could include your; Job Title; Name; Company Email Address; Company Name; Company Address; Company Phone Numbers; Company Mobile Phone Number; Company Website and Fax Number.
Also noting the goods or services that you may have or may provide to us, or us to you.
We need to know your basic personal data, in order for us to communicate with you when providing products, services or information.
When you contact Thomas Johnstone Ltd, we may keep a record of your communications to help solve any issues you may face. All the personal data will be processed by our staff in the UK and stored on our servers located in the UK.
We do not share your personal information with Companies, Organisations or Individuals outside of Thomas Johnstone Ltd, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- For External processing
- For Legal Reasons
- In order to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- In order to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
If Thomas Johnstone Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information, in line with this Policy.
We work hard to protect Thomas Johnstone Ltd and our users from unauthorised access to, or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
We keep your basic personal data (Name, address and contact details) for a minimum of 7 Years, after which time it will be destroyed.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you may request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer, named above, who will investigate the matter.
When contacting our Data Protection Officer please contact by Email at DPO@tjl.com.
If you would like to submit a Data Request, please follow this Web link http://portal.tjl.com/External/ and complete the provided form.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at (www.ico.org.uk).
Cookies are short reports that are sent and stored on the hard drive of the user’s computer through your browser when it connects to a website. Cookies can be used to collect and store user data while connected to provide you the requested services and sometimes tend not to keep. Cookies can be themselves or others.
There are several types of cookies:
- Technical cookies that facilitate user navigation and use of the various options or services offered by the web as identify the session, allow access to certain areas, facilitate orders, purchases, filling out forms, registration, security, facilitating functionalities (videos, social networks, etc.).
- Customisation cookies that allow users to access services according to their preferences (language, browser, configuration, etc).
- Analytical cookies which allow anonymous analysis of the behaviour of web users and allow to measure user activity and develop navigation profiles in order to improve the websites.
So when you access our website, in compliance with Article 22 of Law 34/2002 of the Information Society Services, in the analytical cookies treatment, we have requested your consent to their use. All of this is to improve our services. We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistical information such as the number of visitors to our site. Cookies added by Google Analytics are governed by the privacy policies of Google Analytics. If you want you can disable cookies from Google Analytics.
However, please note that you can enable or disable cookies by following the instructions of your browser.